The Maine Women’s Policy Center and Maine Women’s Lobby seek an organized, detail-oriented, and adaptable individual to provide administrative and programmatic support 16 hours/week at our Augusta office.
Together our two small, mighty, feminist organizations with thousands of supporters and activists across the state advance policies to ensure freedom from violence, freedom from discrimination, access to the full range of health care, and economic security.
The Administrative Assistant will support that work by keeping our office functioning, assisting with program, membership and development tasks. The position reports to the Executive Director but works closely with all staff.
- Purchase supplies, oversee equipment maintenance & serve as contact with vendors;
- Manage office organization, including maintaining database and other record keeping;
- Generate program and fundraising materials as needed, including performing mail merges;
- Assist in planning and carrying out program and outreach events.
Skills and characteristics required:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with use of technology and ability to learn new programs and skills
- Comfort with and sensitivity to communities of varying backgrounds, including economic, geographic, educational, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
This position offers competitive pay and some benefits. The Maine Women’s Policy Center and Maine Women’s Lobby are equal opportunity employers and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18, 2016.